Definitely inside the Japanese trains are different than those in Europe.
Major differences are:
1) Passengers are wearing face masks even there is no pandemic issue.
2) Hardly see passengers taking off their coats on commuter trains.
3) There is an overhead rack where you can put your personal items.
4) There are many left items on trains including on the overhead racks.
5) Reading books are now rare and Kindle are hardly seen on trains.
6) Passengers usually do not put their belongings on the empty seats but on their laps.
7) Many advertisements including ads changes each week.
Seeing is believing.